Athena Academy with PMKVY.
INTRODUCTION OF THE PMKVY PROGRAMME
The “Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana” (PMKVY) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), is the flagship outcome-based skill-training scheme of the new Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), started in 2015. It aims to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up skill training, become employable and earn their livelihood. Enabling the Indian youth to acquire high quality, skill trainings across a range of sectors, thereby providing a boost to the productivity of
the country’s existing workforce.
Specifically, the Scheme aims to:
- Encourage standardization in the certification process and initiate a process of creating a registry of skills.
- Enable and mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up skill training, become employable and earn their livelihood. Increase productivity of the existing workforce by aligning training and certification to the needs of the country.
- Provide Monetary Awards for Skill Certifi Boost employability and productivity of youth by incentivizing them for skill trainings.
- Benefit 24 lakh youth at an approximate total cost of 1,500 Crores.
ATHENA ACADEMY IN THE PMKVY PROGRAMME
- Implementation of the PMKVY programme in BMS College for Women, PES College of Pharmacy, Vivekananda College of Pharmacy on “Medical Sales Representative” Courses. Secured a 100% pass rate for PES and Vivekananda Colleges.
- Implementation of the PMKVY programme in BMS College for Women for courses in the Banking, Financial, Security and Insurance Sectors.
- The trainers from Athena Academy employed for this purpose were industry experts who were certified by the NSDC process of certification
Athena Academy was mentioned in the National Productivity Council’s publication – ‘Productivity’ endorsed by the Prime Minister of India. Learn More.